We ran a 1 week sprint with Tesltra and Thales to explore the creation of a UTM (unmanned traffic management) platform to make it safer for manned availation vehicles and drones to share a common airspace.
In recent years, drones have become incredibly popular for recreational and commercial use, but the technical capability to monitor and safely coordinate airspace traffic between drones and general aviation has not taken off as quickly.
Australia’ already has strong aviation and commercial regulations and a robust technology platform to manage the airspace that passenger aircraft fly in. We set out to explore how we could bring that same level of safety and security to low-altitude airspace allowing hobbyists and commercial UAV pilots to operate their drones with pice of mind.
In just 1 week we were able to:
- Interview and synthesise findings from 20+ operators, regulators, businesses and hobbyists.
- Get joint alignment on the MVP vision – both features and business model underpinning the solution.
- Multiple iterations of the business model canvas and customer proposition.
- Design a high fidelity prototype
- Delivered a detailed report with recommendations to progress the concept.
A number of in-depth interviews with operators, regulators, businesses and hobbyists. We are ere able to get joint alignment on the MVP vision – both features and business model underpinning the solution. Multiple iterations of the business model canvas and customer proposition a high fidelity prototype was developed and tested a solution roadmap and key recommendations for progress. Incredibly this project progressed significantly and is now launched in the market and received multiple positive media attention.
Incredibly, this project has been a huge success and has featured in multiple media publications since.
Read more here – itnews.com.au/news/telstra-thales